Deliverable: A detailed recommendation outline (main ideas and supporting details) that your recommender can use to inspire or structure his/her recommendation.
Process: You’ll fill out Recommendation Talking Points Template → 1.5-hour Phone Call → 1st Draft of Recommendation Talking Points → You’ll provide me with feedback → Subsequent Edits → You’ll send the final draft of the Talking Points document to your recommender
You’ll fill out the Recommendation Talking Points Template. We then use the Recommendation Talking Points Template and your resume during a 1.5 hour call to discuss which stories and qualities your recommender should highlight. I’ll then draw up the Talking Points document which you’ll give to your recommender.
Turnaround Time: Each service contains several deliverables. The turnaround time for any one deliverable (like new edits to a document based on client feedback) is a maximum of two business days (see the FAQs for more information). Total turnaround time is a function of a) the client’s availability to schedule calls and b) the amount of time the client requires to provide feedback on drafts. A typical timeline follows.
- Day 1: Client receives Recommendation Talking Points Template.
- Day 3: Client fills in document with personal observations.
- Day 5: Client meets with recommender to get the recommender’s insights. Client adds these observations to the document and returns it to the Consultant.
- Days 6: 1.5-hour phone call to discuss the client’s observations and findings and to discuss which stories and qualities the recommender should highlight.
- Day 8: Client receives first draft of the Talking Points.
- Day 8: Client’s feedback is received. Either a call will be scheduled in the next day or two or the client will receive an updated draft based on their feedback.
- Day 9+: Additional rounds of review and editing as necessary. Client sends Talking Points to their recommender.